1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Yeah, I've got them in my car now.....put them in about 12 months ago...fine so far, I couldnt see anything obviously bad with the build quality.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, good to hear!
Did they come with the end locking nut?

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I had already bought two nuts from mazda, and discovered they did come with the nut....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well just got home from the steering & cv place. The left CV is getting replaced just because its dry, and one of or both wheel bearings are gone :( luck I had a good hub in the shed that he can use to keep the costs down. I left the car with him so I'll be driving it again tomorrow night!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
A hub alone costs over $200 from Ford/Mazda, then your bearing will cost you approx. $60. Then labour on top of that... multiplied by both sides... plus driveshafts... ouch! Adds up so quickly doesn't it?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah mgiht not be that bad as I have a good hub so just going to put a new bearing with it. I'm just getting the CV changed and rebooted (not whole drive shaft) I'll be looking at about $300. The noise has only just started so I would be very unluck to have both hubs go at the same time! fingers are crossed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Am also running a set with fair power for the last 3 months, a mazdaseed lsd ... which thinks its a locker and 225/50/16s. the car ran 12.58/113.4 last meet on original sharfts. The big test for them will be next meet 26.5/15 american racer slicks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car all done, drives great! Left bearing and CV was changed with a wheel alignment $430, Not too bad!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts