Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
a couple of days ago i made a deal with 'mx6rollin20s'. Basically it was to exchange sound systems. He delivered the package and gave me a tracking number. I delivered the package as well and gave him a trackin number. I just checked tracking for what i'm suppost to receive and it says the package has already been delivered... USPS TRAKING NUMBER: 0302 2940 0002 9702 4114

you guys can check to verify. My package doesn't arrive to his house until Monday. I noticed that he was selling some expensive spinners through this site and would like to kno if anyone has done business with him.

What should be my course of action?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Considering you were given a confirmation number that was delivered in MA, I would say that you've either been scammed, or they gave you the wrong one by mistake.

I'm a pessimist, so you can imagine which one I think it is.

My suggestion is next time you check the confirmation number before shipping your package. Most likely this confirmation number would have been "accepted" if you checked it a couple days before he said he was even sending it... so that'd been a red flag right there.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Contact the mods straight away. If he has pulled a fast one they may be able to help you, and they will certainly have a chance of helping the guy that bought the wheels.

Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding but it does look a bit odd. Good luck.

EDIT - and for some reason he's removed all of his posts and replaced them with 12345678. That's not good.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I'd have to side with Jeff on this one...

but that is considering the I got ripped off on a pair of Jspecs by Lyall_s.....

but I guess it's possible that he gave you the wrong tracking number... or mixed up addresses or something...

·
Registered
739 Posts
call usps and see if it might be a problem they have on their end. although im the type of peron that gives everyone the "benifit of the dought"(<-did i spell that right?) and it has gotten me im similar situations. if usps says thats right then maybe he got the wrong address so check with him on that onw to. my advise is to see if usps can hold or postpone delivery to him w/ ur package. so it gives you more time to see whats going on

EDIT: damn joel you beet me to it

Joel said:
but I guess it's possible that he gave you the wrong tracking number... or mixed up addresses or something...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hot Cheese said:
Contact the mods straight away. If he has pulled a fast one they may be able to help you, and they will certainly have a chance of helping the guy that bought the wheels.

Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding but it does look a bit odd. Good luck.

EDIT - and for some reason he's removed all of his posts and replaced them with 12345678. That's not good.
I noticed that too. Almost as if he did that to erase his tracks. I have a problem with giving too much trust to people. This isn't the first time something like this has happened either. There's always the possibility that he could've given me the wrong number, HOWEVER, I contacted USPS and they told me that it was delivered on the day and time that he said he did. But, the destination was MASS. and not NJ. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THIS! YOU CAN'T TRUST ANYONE!:damnmad:

Lucky for me, I had a gut feeling that it didn't seem right before i sent out my package, that's why i sent it FEDEX. I just got off the phone with them and they told me that there's a way to get back my package before it arrives to him. Sooo I'm doing that ASAP. Thanks everyone for the advice.

There's always the possibility that i could be mistaken, and if i am, then i apologize. BUT EVERYTHING SEEMS TOO FISHY.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
With enough board priviledges, a mod should be able to get his IP and ban him from the site. This might require Scooby intervention.

When was this guy's last activity? What's his actual user name on this site?

·
Registered
739 Posts
SupaDupa6 said:
I noticed that too. Almost as if he did that to erase his tracks. I have a problem with giving too much trust to people. This isn't the first time something like this has happened either. There's always the possibility that he could've given me the wrong number, HOWEVER, I contacted USPS and they told me that it was delivered on the day and time that he said he did. But, the destination was MASS. and not NJ. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THIS! YOU CAN'T TRUST ANYONE!:damnmad:

Lucky for me, I had a gut feeling that it didn't seem right before i sent out my package, that's why i sent it FEDEX. I just got off the phone with them and they told me that there's a way to get back my package before it arrives to him. Sooo I'm doing that ASAP. Thanks everyone for the advice.

There's always the possibility that i could be mistaken, and if i am, then i apologize. BUT EVERYTHING SEEMS TOO FISHY.

good move on your part, hopefully you get ur shit back

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Sounds like you got scammed. Im almost certain of it. of course he could have just sent it to the wrong address, or given you the wrong tracking number, but im not usually an optimist, so im fairly certain that theory isnt the correct one. If I were you, I wouldnt even consider that an option, and id work on getting your system back ASAP before he recieves it. Everything seems too fishy. And I also wouldnt trust anyone with the name "mx6rollin20s" ......ewww ....Id also like to add, that I havent done much business on here with members. Ive sold a couple items, and bought some door panels off of heather and quite a few parts from Mike hughes, but I wouldnt do business with ANYONE that i dont know, if they dont have some feedback in the seller ratings section. Well known members like Heather, Hughes46, Fastest95PGT, Stealth, Skarpenz, and any of the mods I would have no problem doing business with, because everyone on here knows them, and theyve been around for a while.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
SupaDupa6 said:
DAMMIT..i called fedex to stop shipment. they told me it was delivered this morning at 11AM. I feel like drivin down there. It's a 7 hour drive.
Ouch :( that sucks. If I were you, I would wait a week, and try and contact him every day. If he fails to respond, and you dont see a system by that time, I would think about driving there. Whats worse....losing 100 bucks in gas, or losing 400 or 500 on a system, and knowing that this guy is laughing right now because he successfully scammed someone? When you get there, I would knock on his door, and politely ask for the system he ripped you off for, and if he refuses, or says he doesnt know what youre talking about, I would either go to the police, or break his door down and beat his face in and take it back (whatever floats your boat) You also should leave some negative feedback on the sellers ratings forum and make sure a mod makes it a sticky, once youre sure he ripped you off. Sorry to hear about your loss, hope you get it back :tup: EDIT: Whats his address?

·
Registered
272 Posts
SupaDupa6 said:
DAMMIT..i called fedex to stop shipment. they told me it was delivered this morning at 11AM. I feel like drivin down there. It's a 7 hour drive.
Do it. Get some of your biggest friends and go for a road trip :D

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
What kind of system are we talking here? What was traded? What was the value? Why would you trade sounds systems anyways?/Trading a stereo, amp, speakers, whatever, with someone who only has 52 posts is beyond.....whats the word I'm looking for?...stupid in the first place. It would seem that one could have would have seen that one coming a mile away.

rollin20s? Come on man.

·
Registered
749 Posts
For sure go there with some larger gentlemen. Don't post your plans on here though, do it through PM. Don't want him to know exactly when you're coming...

And i'm almost sure posting his address contravenes some sort of rule here. All that kinda thing is best done by PM.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hot Cheese said:
For sure go there with some larger gentlemen. Don't post your plans on here though, do it through PM. Don't want him to know exactly when you're coming...

And i'm almost sure posting his address contravenes some sort of rule here. All that kinda thing is best done by PM.
I dont think so. There was a thread in the for sale section a short while back where someone tried selling a turbo kit, which was apparantly stolen, and the person who it was stolen from posted that he got it back, and then posted all the guys personal information...ie the car he drives, his address, his apartment number, what the apartment looks like. I figured it was against the rules, and I didnt think it was right, but apparantly its not.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.