Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, ive been a member of MX6.com for a while now but have always remained quiet untill now. Im not sure if this is a common problem I have been having since ive never seen it on any of the boards so i decided to start a tread. Anyways my problem seems to me that when i take high G turns usually in second gear the engine tries to die out on me, like all the power leaves and my gears use themself to slow me down, but after like 1.5 seconds of that malfunction the engine catches itself and goes back to being as strong as ever. Not sure if anyone can help me out here but i thought it was worth a try. I have already replaced the disty, spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter. But no success so far. Anyone wanna take a stab at it??

Peace

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Does this happen more when your fuel tank is not full?

If it does than I say you have a leak in the tank allowing the fuel to slosh more then they should. As you take a apply high G forces the fuel is pushed to one side and not allowing the engine to pick up sufficient fuel. This also happens if your fuel pump is dying out on you. In 2nd gear your engine will be turning at very high RPm and a fuel pump that is on the way out will cause intermitten cut to the fuel supply.

I would run some fuel injector cleaners first than change the fuel pump and get the fuel tank tested for any air leaks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was a really good answer, i never thought of it like that. Your pretty smart lol, ill try it. Thanks:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.