Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
its dieing because of a vacuum leak.

Here ya go:

B to C

A to D (assuming A leads to a nipple on your IM for vacuum)

My car doesn't have that extra nipple on the FPR solenoid.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
pupchick said:
c that big split in you intake , cant be helping.
:D
lol good call, thats why your car is dieing. if i remember corectly it'll run fine without the FPR soleniod hooked up. that giant crack is definitely causing the stalling

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
t needs to be done with it. the car still is dying. someone help! AIM me cheerios165, can someone with a 1993 v6 take a picture of all their vacuum lines over there, please.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
cheerios165 said:
t needs to be done with it. the car still is dying. someone help! AIM me cheerios165, can someone with a 1993 v6 take a picture of all their vacuum lines over there, please.
As noted above, that leak in the VAF elbow is a big problem.
-Garrett

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I know this is off topic, But do something about that rip in your intake, Its suckin in warm air and maybe some chunks of things, and you dont want them in your engine.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
CustomMX6 said:
I know this is off topic, But do something about that rip in your intake, Its suckin in warm air and maybe some chunks of things, and you dont want them in your engine.
its not off topic, its whats causing the stalling!!!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ALRIGHT, it got the vacuum hoses back on and the rip in the elbow happened like during all this because its freezing and it broke, i duct taped it and it works for now, im going to have to get a CAI, also the engine is only superdirty because we had a huge dust storm, right before someone had commented on how clean it was, oh well. thanks for all the help, you guys are a life saver

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Just replace the rubber tube with a stainless steel one ... or just use some PVC plumbing pipe ... does the job ... and looking at your engine bay (which makes mine look clean) it will probably morph into the background within a few months :p LOL :D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah now im gonna use this as an excuse to make my parents pitch in on a CAI since its a neccesary repair, but could someone explain why this was causing the stalling? was too much air escaping or what was going on?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Bro all those hoses connect to the air filter box or the black cracked pipe u go there n without them htere isnt a vacuum another words NO AIR!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Jay246 said:
Bro all those hoses connect to the air filter box or the black cracked pipe u go there n without them htere isnt a vacuum another words NO AIR!
huh??????

it was causing the stalling because the engine was pulling in air that hadnt passed through the VAF. since the air didnt pass through the VAF the volume of air that entered the engine wasnt measured, so the engine was getting more air than the ecu was reading that it was getting.

in lamens terms it was screwing up the readings needed for the fuel injection .

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright, makes sense, thanks for the help without you guys me and my friend would still be plugging and unplugging all those vacuum lines.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Aussomea said:
huh??????

it was causing the stalling because the engine was pulling in air that hadnt passed through the VAF. since the air didnt pass through the VAF the volume of air that entered the engine wasnt measured, so the engine was getting more air than the ecu was reading that it was getting.

in lamens terms it was screwing up the readings needed for the fuel injection .
Hit the nail on the head.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts