Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bored and frustrated- So i thought i'd Vent a little- And also a feelr for my future plans.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my butt in gear to bend all my pipes for the turbo. I've got a bottle jack exhaust bender thingamajigger, and buying the Straight pipe from a vendor tomorrow. (for those who don't know, I'm making the pipes crush bent as a model, then using mandrel for finished product) I also am modeling the pipes off of Precision Motorsports, with no cutting of crossmember. I've asked Neonman several times if i could offer my car for a model- but i don't think he's interested.

My biggest problem is finding the time. I work 2 jobs (averaging about 75-80 hours per week) I have the place to do it---- My dad is a mechanic- So he's got the garage with a lift and heat (in fact, it's right beside our house) I'm thinking about using some of my vacation time for a couple weeks worth of Saturday and Sundays to get the job finished

Now here's the feeler part- Would anyone be interested in coming out and helping me bend pipes, install some go fast goodies and all that good stuff? This probably won't happen untill the end of Jan. And by that time- I should have the intercooler, clutch and Flywheel, STS, and FMU & FPR.

I'm half afraid I won't get this done by springtime if i don't do something fast.

Let me know,
Adam

·
Registered
705 Posts
hey bro,

i am from wisconsin and can't come out to help you install your goodies, but i'll say do it.... i mean you got all the right stuff to do it and it'll be worth it at the end, plus cheaper too... just think, "turbo"... :D

gotta love boost...

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
hey, id be there to help you if you weren't so far away. are u a member of probetalk? i think hal's is up in your area right? i know streetthismx6 is from ravenna. they might be able to help you out. i think theres a dyno meet next saturday near you.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually StreetthisMx6 is about an hour away from me. I don't know where hal lives, but to yes there is a dyno meet in hudson(30 min away) I wish i could make it. I'm starting to get everything sorted out and organized so i can just fly through the processes and get my car on the road.

Adam

G

·
im from kansas, im on probetalk usually, me and my friend are building a couple turbo probes right now, im usually busy though, id say, drink a lot of coffee, and get used to not sleeping much, no joke it sucks, but i sleep about 2 hours a night, then crash out all day one day a week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts