Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some assistance, my headlights wont come on. I have tested it wiht a multi-meter and its not getting any voltage. The park lights will come on but the headlights won't, nor the fog lights. I am wondering if a relay has gone on me or if the switch in the stearing colum is not connecting properly.

·
Registered
288 Posts
First, check if you're high beams will light up. Note if they'll flash on (pulling lever toward you) and if they'll lock on (pushing lever away from you). Then double check the 40 amp fuse under the hood.

I was having the same problem as you described and my high beams would flash but not lock on. It was a relay issue. The relay is located between the fuse box under the hood and your air box. There is a pair of relays here (under rubber boots) and the suspect relay is the one closest to the air box. After you disconnect the relay from the wiring you will see that the pins on the relay are labeled. Note that two are labeled "coil". Use your multi-meter to probe the two wires in the harness that correspond to these coil pins. If you read 12 volts (or -12 volts if you have the probes backwards) you have confirmed that it's not an issue with the switch.

One of the other wires in this 4 wire harness should also show 12 volts. This will confirm that you have power at least as far as the relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts