Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble identifying wires on the factory head unit wiring harness. There are two wires that look like antenna leads. A big one and a small one. I'm sure that the bigger on is the antenna lead. What is the smaller one for. Also, There are two wires listed in the Hayes manual as illumination leads. One is orange one is brown. My head unit only needs one illumination lead. Which one do I use. Sorry if these are stupid questions. I don't want to blow fuses or damage any equipment. Thanks in advance for any help.

Metalfix

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sup guys.. Ive been reading the forums for about a month now.. Nice community you got goin on here.. I was going to post about the same thing as above but he beat me to it..

If anyone could tell us why it looks like there are 2 ant. wires.. And which one needs to be hooked up it would be great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Metalfix: On the back of the package my harness came in to convert it to hook to other head units it had all the wire colors and what they are for::

Red:: 12 VoltIgnition/Acc.
Yellow:: 12 Volt Batt./Memory
Black:: Ground
Blue:: Power Antenna
Blue/White:: Amp Turn-on
Black/White:: Amp Ground
Orange:: Illumination
Orange/White:: Dimmer
Brown:: Phone Mute
Gray:: Right Front +
Gray/Black:: R. Front -
White:: Left Front +
White/Black:: L. Front -
Violet:: Right Rear +
Violet/Black:: R. Rear -
Green:: Left Rear +
Green/Black:: L. Rear -

G

·
I posted about the antenna problem earlier, but there were no replies. Not sure what to do here, I haven't had time to go talk to someone about it yet school finals coming up and everything. But if I find it out or if one of you find out what to do with the antenna post about it! My antenna sure won't work, and it's gay, I can't listen to the hockey games!

G

·
i just installed my head unit 2 days ago and to answer your questions : connect the solid orange illumination wire only and the smaller antenna lead dont worry about. Just be sure to hook up the power antenna wire up (blue wire) and you will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts