Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have seen that too and heard that from people that have the pacesetters. but they still say they rust and will finally have to get new ones.

Pacestters makes the most HP by how much? i have seen that too but cant remember the numbers???

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MX-6 BOY jr said:
actually, the pacesetter have been dynoed by owners to give more hp than the hot shot.
This is true, however, the difference is not by much. I remember seeing that the difference is only between 3-5HP. Now, to me, that's not that much of a difference. And to think that you you could have a nice set of headers that will not rust, will not fall apart and and that are made with high quality materials and workmanship and you do not have to spend extra money to re-weld or re-install a new set in 2 years, why would you not think Hotshots are better?

I would rather get a good quality product that I know work well, fit well and will last a longer time rather than a product that is totally the opposite but gives me 3-5 extra HP.

Ohh and the install.... forget abou t that......won't even get into that.

---Once I get my HS Headers, I will take similar pictures like the ones from that page and will post them up on my site for everyone to see and perhaps we can put this matter to rest.---

·
Registered
321 Posts
Now i see that all the fuss is about the Hotshots and Pacestters. Well What about the Brospeeds or Bosal which ever. Are these any good. They cost just as much as the Hotshots. I was really ready to buy the Hotshots until I read a few post on PT about them causing engine fires. Now that is a turn off. But I think that they have redesigned them but does anyone have these new ones.})

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Superman 39 said:
Now i see that all the fuss is about the Hotshots and Pacestters. Well What about the Brospeeds or Bosal which ever. Are these any good. They cost just as much as the Hotshots. I was really ready to buy the Hotshots until I read a few post on PT about them causing engine fires. Now that is a turn off. But I think that they have redesigned them but does anyone have these new ones.})
Yes, th enew redesigned HS Headers have fixed the problem with the fires. What used to happen was that the power steering lines were too close to the EGR valve O believe and it would heat up the rubber causing it to burst and catching fire. The new design has some sort of bracket or has a way to deviate the line out of the way preventin git from coming close to the header itself.

The new ones are not out yet. I have mine on order through the BB I set up and once i get them, I will post pictures and make an install page.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Bosal (Brospeed) Headers

I have a set of the Bosals about to go into my 626. The welds are very good and they look like they are very well made. The O2 sensor mounts are fully welded and the bracket mounts, while not fully welded, are very substantially welded. I will take some pics and post them so you can see ASAP. They are expensive however! $500+

I only wish they sent a schematic with them for the install as there are a couple of metal plates that look like heat shields with the kit and I have no idea where they are to go!

I also touched them up with some hi-temp exhaust paint as some of the factory coating was scuffed due to poor packaging from the supplier.

:E

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: Bosal (Brospeed) Headers

They are expensive however! $500+
damn where did u get them for that much. the bosal for my header only ran $332.50 after tax and shipping.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bosal Brospeed All the way!

I've just ordered a set of Bosal Brospeed headers. I'm having them installed on Friday.. Can't wait.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Re: Bosal (Brospeed) Headers

euroMX6 said:

damn where did u get them for that much. the bosal for my header only ran $332.50 after tax and shipping.
The 4banger set may cost that but the Bosal Brospeed set from my V6 set me back $899 CDN plus tax...

·
Registered
123 Posts
brilo said:
I've got a set of Bosal headers for my 4 cylinder on the way. I hope to have them on by the weekend.

G'luck their great, very high quality and fit perfectly. Make sure to ask for an EGR vlave adpter in case you need it, some do.

G'Luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts