Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im doin a complete engine swap for my mx6 2.5l im getting my headers done but i need to replace the manifold and everything there right? but does aftermarket headers have my o2 sensor spot and the egr valves from the exhaust
so call u tell me if u have swapped them already if im gonna be messing around with it to install it

·
Registered
494 Posts
im doin a complete engine swap for my mx6 2.5l im getting my headers done but i need to replace the manifold and everything there right? but does aftermarket headers have my o2 sensor spot and the egr valves from the exhaust
so call u tell me if u have swapped them already if im gonna be messing around with it to install it
:shrug: ummmmmm I really don't know what that means, I'm not trying to be a a**. Look at it this way, your headers are your new exhaust manifolds and they should have the EGR and O2 Sensor spots. Where are you getting them from?
Is this what you are trying to ask?
And does your exhaust Manifold look this or rust and bulky?
eBay Motors: Ford Probe Mazda MX6 93 94 95 96 97 V6 Exhaust Header (item 190267762148 end time Dec-17-08 21:40:25 PST)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a question, how about the unlucky ones that still has the DE engine on a '96. I've got 4 o2 sensors, and can only seem to find headers with holes for 2.
Any suggestions!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
will help putting the o2 sensors in so they don't dangle around, however it won't be like before as the ecu will still throw a code. with obdII there are precat converters and the aftermarket headers get rid of them.

Hotshot made headers with 4 o2 bungs but they have gone under so you would have to find them used. Any local exhaust shop can add to bungs. It should not cost more than $20.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts