Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Intend fitting a set of headers on my six , I already have a perf ext, what will the realistic power gains be, and will I feel real power once fitted on. The Headers are going to set me back at least somewhere around R1100 zar, about $200 us , so I want to know whether its really worthwhile fitting them on. Does it give more power difference as to fitting a hotshot intake?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
well...

i do not know specific #'s, but i do know that our cars do not see a big boost in the HP range with bolt ons. not like say other cars like Honda and Acura. hehe, i read that just a while ago on the board. im soo glad i get to spread the knowledge....sniff...

SolarSlash

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
it's unfortunate but our cars do not take bolt ons very well. if you're working on the exhaust, you will only see conciderable gains if you have upgraded every point in the exhaust system. meaning if you have a CAI, Headers, cat, cat back exhaust inplace, then I'm sure you'll definitely be able to feel the difference. I don't know what you cave specifically but if you just add headers to the car, you'll still have a lot of restrictive components left in the car that will almost nullify it's effect. You might be able to feel the difference, you might not. Everyone's car is tuned differently and the only way to find out specifically is by getting you rcar dynoed.

Good luck, let us know how it goes...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts