Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, My headlights have been out of adjustment since I got the car, just haven't had the time or energy to deal with them. I went to adjust them today and both sides, both adjusters simply spun freely with my bare hands, however now adjustment happened. I turned a little more and they got stiff and I had to use a nut driver to turn but still no adjustment. Is there any way to adjust them other than the adjustment screws or am I screwed. I really don't want to replace the assembly, even out of the junkyard they are $125 each side.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Is the adjuster screw assembly removable? It would be a lot cheaper to go to a junkyard and just take the little clips and screw if it's possible.

Is the adjuster screw stripped? or is the nut stripped? If you're handy you can make a new clip yourself out of something... like drill and tap a piece of metal and weld it on, or jb weld might work...

Also, get some more prices... near me there's one for sale for $35 with a bad lens, so all they're really selling is the frame, which is what you want.

-Todd

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Are both adjusters messd up?

Behind the headlight twords the blinker here is a bell shaped one you stick the screwdriver in the bell to turn the gear to aim it up and down, then there is one near the hood latch for horizontal alignment.

If both those are messed up i would PM hughes46 he can probablly get you those parts for cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts