Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MX6 is a '95 and I bought about a year and a half ago and the headlights were fogged when I got them but the turn signal lights right next to the headlights are fine. Could these just be cheap after-market headlights or is it just something that happens?

·
Registered
830 Posts
many people has the same problem as you do. It one of those things that will happen to our car, when it aged a bit. don't worry, someone has buy some refinishing kit, and I have heard that it works really well. personally, I did not have that problem (changed to projector type), anyway, someone should be able to help you soon.
come on guys, help....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey.. Yeah just get some fine sandpaper and U can get that junk off.. I was thinking about getting plexiglass and making a clear headlight lense (heat up the plexi and shape it to that of our current headlight lense and replace it like that) but I dont know if it would cause problems like if it gets too hot inside the light if the plexi will start meltin or whatever..

j

·
Registered
35 Posts
This used to happen to my '92 Eclipse, only it was in the tail light. Getting the smallest diameter drill bit I could find, I drilled two very small holes in the top, and two more in the bottom of each lense. This allowed air to pass through the fixture and dry it out. Drill them on a slight angle (water flows down and warm vapor flows up). Thiss will help prevent water being forced in during rainfall.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh yeah BTW... ATLien1222... what junk are you talking about? My headlights are fine (stock). Only HID would be better. It's not like they're Saturn lamps or anything. ;)

125 Posts
hey, I did this a couple of months ago. What you need to do
is get the finest grade sandpaper you can find. I used wetsand. and that stuff comes off. then your headlights will be clean but will look like crap. in order to tidy it up just get some spray clear coat and give it about 3-4 coats. they will look really sharp.

·
Registered
35 Posts
WHAT STUFF?? Do I not have a problem that everyone else does? Perhaps the previous owner got the mysterious "Crap" or "Stuff". Sorry, just need some clarification. :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a even better question!

How the crap do I go about getting the friggin headlights off? I can get the bulb out I mean that doesn't take a rocket scientist, but to remove the front part of the headlight is like a mystery!

There a three clips or clamps at the top of the headlight I took off buut the found some at the bottom which are basically un-removable. I cannot find a way to them.

Also I took a closer look at my headlights and it has a name on them it starts with an "S" should my headlights even have a name? How do I know if these are after-market headlights??

This hacking me off by the way! :))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts