Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i tried the sandpaper on my oxidized headlights and voíla! it screwed them up. i sandpapered the headlamps and then used car wax to buffer and now i have a scattered beam headlight... illegal. there's no beam and its like having a light out, so i must get a new headlamp if its not correctable. picture this, its like hazy instead of crystal clear. anyways, if you know how to fix this, tell me quick.

also... i was checking out J-Spec projector lamps and Corksport says that "An additional difficulty arrises from the fact that the integrated corner lense can only accept a single filament bulb. This requires relocating either the turn signal or the parking light. " is this true!?! what do i do then?!

G

·
Well did you use all the detail instruction on here to do this? If so then it should not have messed them up at all. because i did it and posted the the instruction and mine a clear as new.

Wet sand then with 800, 1200, 1500 grit ( dont rub hard )
keep the wet
i used a bodyscrub product that has all cut in it.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That last post was be me, i forgot to change the name, he was over at my house and posted something, later

·
Registered
166 Posts
the sandpaper u used was probably too rough. u will need to resand it a few times with increasingly higher grit sandpaper until it is perfect smooth again. after that u should polish them and wax them and they will be just like new.

·
Registered
806 Posts
What kind of sandpaper did you use. I have posted this before, but use 1000 and 1500 wet/dry and keep the lights liberally wet when sanding. Start with the 1000 and go to the 1500. Not sure if your wax is doing anything as far as polishing, even a cleaner wax does not have a lot of "cut" in it. I finished mine off with rubbing compound which has more cut to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts