Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have headlight ideas?
as some of you know, i am planning to make a headlight completely out of scratch using the corolla projectors. please give me some ideas/photoshop/pics if you have any.
here are some examples of what i want.

edit: also, are there any how-to's on making headlight covers out of plexiglass or some other stuff out there? i want to compare other peoples' work to what i am thinking.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Whoa, those look kinda cool. Looks like they would be bright as all hell.

As for headlight covers, I've always thought about lexan (a type of clear arcrylic/plastic used for R/C car bodies). It's supposed to be VERY strong for how thin it actually is. Also, because this stuff is so thin its very pliable. You could mold it around the contours of a headlight with no problem at all.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the whole lexan idea...it's just something that has always came to mind when people talk about headlight covers.

-Daryl

Reactions: Evert

·
Registered
947 Posts
I beleive the top pic is a honda accord lights just modding to fit it.... i heard it was a PITA.. as for the second one is photoshoped, it would be cool to see it done and would be wild.. but i think the best you can do is get some JSPECS

Edit..iam stupid i just noticed it was the same pic... nevermind the photoshop comment.. i assume you know that it is also

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John_Shea said:
I beleive the top pic is a honda accord lights just modding to fit it.... i heard it was a PITA.. as for the second one is photoshoped, it would be cool to see it done and would be wild.. but i think the best you can do is get some JSPECS

Edit..iam stupid i just noticed it was the same pic... nevermind the photoshop comment.. i assume you know that it is also
they are both photoshopped.
you know why?! because i did it lol.
look at the headlight cover on the first one.
makes the car look like a newer model.
or more like supra lights..

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Lexan (also known as polycarbonate) is VERY VERY strong. You can shoot a 38 special at it from 100 ft. and the bullet will BARELY make it through.

On the other hand it scrathecs very easily.

Then you have acrylic (also known as plexiglas) It is not as strong, but resists scratching more than lexan.

Heres my thread about molding covers.
http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123772&highlight=retrofit+HID+projector

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
^ wow stealth knows everything!

very nice pics.. how much modding would be required to make those corolla ones fit?

are the dimensions roughly the same?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Graham_A_M said:
^ wow stealth knows everything!

very nice pics.. how much modding would be required to make those corolla ones fit?

are the dimensions roughly the same?
I learned that in my material sciences classes. :)

I beleive the dimensions are very close to that of the angel eyes, the high beam looks a bit smaller...

Ill be trying to fit these into some angel eyes, ill let you know how that goes.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
THANK YOU! please let me know how that goes.. karma for everything this far

Reactions: Stealth

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
:confused: here are a couple ideas, one that looks pretty darn good(EvoLights) and one just for fun(MiniLights)

i thing the mini lights kinda make it look like an older porsche!?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Hey kansas, do some TSX's on a mx6, i would like to see how those look. Karma because i dont have time to PS.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Those are accord headlights. Not a photoshop.

Reactions: koisuruusagi

·
Registered
407 Posts
KansasMX6 said:
so i've heard, thanks for restating that fact though
lol, owned :D

Good job Greg! :applaud:

-brandoN^-

Reactions: koisuruusagi
1 - 20 of 28 Posts