Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a company down here in Sarasota, FL called "Clear Again" that specializes in cleaning headlght yellowing commonly fond on our sixes, they just did mine today and it looks sweet, they even came to my house and did it. i insatalled some xenons and the front of my car looks like a whole new car. It cost me $80 for the entire job, it took about an hour. Definitely worth it so anyone in the south FL area might want to check it out.:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this guy did all kinds of stuff to it, first he stripped two layers of plastic off, then polished and sealed one layer, then te next, then put on clearcoat, then carnuba wax, I don't know but i'm happy w/ the way it looks, you can plainly see the chrome and the whole inside of the headlamp, it's totally clear

·
Registered
511 Posts
well it sounds like you get what you paid for - a professional job. mine aren't perfect but its not a show car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
hey i did mine i while back but i just did a quick job to see how it would turn out. but i am curious of what urs look like. do u have pics or something that u can show the rest of us ? either post or send the to [email protected] if u can . thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm kinda curious too. I just did mine the sandpaper and clear coat way, I messed up the first time but made it all better the second. It didn't come out perfect, but it looks better than before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm pretty busy with football practice and other things but should be able to get some pictures up by next week at the most.

·
Registered
133 Posts
my lights

I just did my lights today. I went over the lights with 100 grit, then 600, then wet sanded it with 1500. I thought it would be a bit much, but after a few coats of clear coat, it turned out very well. I had problems with the right headlight, as the clear coat kept running and i would have to start over again w/ sanding. But the finished product is great, my hyperwhites are much, much brighter now (although I don't know why I put in the bright bulbs FIRST then cleaned the lights SECOND)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yes I am sure the sandpaper works and yes on stock headlights. Search this forum for "sandpaper" and you should pull up some thread that covered this before.

xeon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts