Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question to those who said they used 1500/2000 grain sandpaper to fixed their oxidation. Where did you get this grain of paper? I have searched everywhere, in stores and online, and I've come up with nothing.

·
Registered
806 Posts
got my wet/dry paper at Wal-Mart, it exists keep looking. Take your time doing it, the results will be better. I finished of with a rubbing compound which is kinda a step down from the paper to finish her off. I think I am going to hit mine one more time and put a clear coat spray for plastics on it. My wife gave me the strangest look when she saw me sanding the headlights. :freak:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I dont realy know anything about this, but do u sand the inside or outside?

is oxidation that light yellow stuff??

just sand it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wet/dry

I've been to two different Wal-Marts and they don't have anything above 600, not that I can see. Am I over looking something? Is this wet/dry paper in with all the low grain paper like 60, 100, 120?

·
Registered
806 Posts
In "my" Wal-Mart its in the automotive section by the touch-up paint and other spray can including the clear coat. They have the 1200/1000 (can't remember which) and 1500 in separate packages. Of course my wally world is a super wally world so they might carry something yours may not. You might try an auto parts store if you still can't find it. To answer the earlier question, yes this procedure is used to knock that yellow stuff off and its on the outside. You may have some gunk on the inside if it is cracked or a seal is broken, but mostly I think its an exterior thing.

G

·
If the oxidation isnt to bad try applying rain-x or wax to the headlights a couple times. buff it on good and then rub off. I had some oxidation on my and this took it right off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts