Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem with their 1st gen? Each of my headlights has a rock hole in it. What do you guys do about it? Is there anyway to prevent it? Are there mod options? Thanks.

·
Registered
405 Posts
How to correct it.

dont ride peoples asses. that usually takes care of rock problems. my lenses are strong as crap, i rearended some one and everything shattered on the front except the headlights. sorry about your luck man.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
There are a handful a headlights on E-bay right now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
To bad the lights on ebay are for LX & DX. Even though the lights look identical there not on the back. I was going to purchase on ebay and seller wasn't to bright. I called mazda and found that only the GT is diferent. If you guys find any for the GT let me know.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Well, I thought that there had been some discussion on here before about that. And it was decided that the DX/LX lights DO fit, because they have marker lights where the GT fogs are, so you just have to stick your fogs in there instead. I may be wrong about that though.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have both. I will compare and let everyone know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey MKB

did you get a chance to compare the lights? I think that the GT's have a smaller opening for the fog bulb to go into. I'd like to be proven wrong, as it would save some $$$.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a '91 GT and bought a driver side turn signal off a '90 LX, it fit no problem. I think the only difference in the light may be the wiring harness, but the lense should be the same.

·
Registered
711 Posts
will end the confusion tomorrow? Going to storage.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Headlights are different. They will bolt in, but the inside driving light is different. With some modification, I believe the 626 headlight will also fit an N/A. Compared the 2 and the 626 has acouple of extra brackets, but look like they could be cut off and used in an MX6. Sorry guys.parking lights are the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts