Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I'm a new member looking for some answers about some issues im having with a 92 mx6 i just picked up for 200 bucks lol. the car seems to have a problem where when its parked the headlights come on all by themselves, i don't know if this is a common problem on these cars but i cant figure it out, i did go ahead and picked up a new column switch but im looking for an easier solution. could it be the relay?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
this would be your combination switch. What happens is the hi-beam switch gets old and worn. Only fix is to replace with a known good one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so that is the switch on the column correct? the reason i wasn't sure that the column switch was the problem is it still works fine when i want the headlights on, low and high beams work fine. so just want to make sure the combination switch your talking about is in fact the same as the column switch. BTW hilarious GIF you have there for your avatar...lol

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
yes, same switch for the wipers and headlights. once you take off your old switch, if you take it apart you'll see the mechanics of it. :)

thanks about the avatar :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool. just out of curiousity, is this a common problem on these cars? ive never heard of a problem like this before

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Mine did it :) I would be able to turn on high beams just by hitting the steering column :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
im going through the same thing on my 89. the switch is bad and randomly the headlights turn on but not the whole system(like the dashlights. taillights etc.)it seems the switch turns too far back. so now when i park i have to make sure the switch is barely off the parking lights if its too far back eventually it turns on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts