Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well about 6 months ago my head lights wouldnt work so i replaced a relay located next to the fuse box and it worked find but now it wont work AGAIN! i checked out the relay but besides for some black stuff near the end of it its fine and all the terminals are clean... im strating to think its a wiring problem.. any advice or help? BTW its a 94 mx6 ATX V6.. TIA

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its the part that sticks out next to the fuse box.. its covered in a black rubber case and to fins the relay you have to cut it open.. took me a while to find it the 1st time so when my headlights stopped working again i suspected it to be faulty once more... the Coil pins on the relay seem to be fine but the on pins are shorting out which seems why the relay wont click when i turn on my headlights.. however when i touch the 2 on pins the head lights turn on since a (1 - on) and a (1 - on) gives a (1 - on).. any other ideas on this? i really dont wanna dish out another $50 bucks for a relay and dont wanna pay some mechanic who knows less about the car than me try to find the problem... thnx

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
well...

if the coil is working fine, then it should be clicking wether or not the hi-amp pins are shorting or not. do you know for sure that its shorting?

are you getting continuity from the hi-amp pins when the coil is energized?
have you tested the terminals for shorts?
you might wanna try a new relay/harness and reconnect the wires...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANK YOU!!!

My Mazda dealers never told me anything about this and i fall right into the recall category.. I spent 4 hrs looking at all the wire leads thinking i shorted something out and i checked the relay out, but it seems to be fine... all i know is im going down to mazda first thing in the morning and giving them HELL for not supplying the customer with sufficient information on a product before they sell it (im referring to the 50 dollar headlight relay they sold me), then im gonna make em fix it and give me a free oil change on top of that! thnx again man.... u saved my lights!})

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Re: THANK YOU!!!

Mazda_Speedstar said:
all i know is im going down to mazda first thing in the morning and giving them HELL for not supplying the customer with sufficient information on a product before they sell it (im referring to the 50 dollar headlight relay they sold me), then im gonna make em fix it and give me a free oil change on top of that!
GIVE 'EM HELL!!!!!

and good lookin out ZeroR... ^5!!! ....LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts