Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently(past 4 days) My headlights will turn on when the car is off for no apparent reason. It's starting to tick me off because I come down in the morning, see them on, and expect my battery to be dead. The stalk is set to off, so I have no idea why they are comming on. Most of the time I have to turn the stalk to "on", turn on my brights, set the stalk to "off", then turn off my brights to make them go out. It's quite frustrating.
I've had them wired in this configuration for 2 months now and have just started having problems. They are halos, with the 2 red wires run straight to the battery for the brights. I believe this might be a bad relay which I will be replacing soon, but has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
You ran the brights straight to the battery? Id take them out and rewire them if i were you. I have the harnesses connected together, then the two red wires for the halos linked running to my parking lights and of course the grounds to a ground. The other red wire is if you want the high beams to turn on both lights intead of just the outside lights. I wouldnt run anything to your battery though, since your battery is a constant hot. Rewiring them will save you a lot of headaches. Any questions pm me and i can help you out further.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"the other wire to keep both lights on" is the wire that I wired to the batt. I'm having another issue that I need to work out before I move forewards with this one

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just be carefull that you dont have a short on a wire somewhere... an issue like this can turn your car to ash in no time.

I would check the relays and wiring to those lights ASAP for bad connections.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be checking that in a second when I drive out to where it died on me last night >< Al I hear is a humming and clicking of relays when I try to start her

1 - 5 of 5 Posts