Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best or any way to clean of that yellow color on my headlights, they look ugly!

Nate

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i did it and it works, use the 800 the 1200 then 1600 grit sand paper use a hand held machine to sand with, then use a polish cleaner(strong somethng like a body scrub to get the little fine cuts out0 or use clear coat, it works, take your time and they will look great

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Few tips for cleanin'

I did that too. But also, I did remove the lens of the headlights, because there was some shit and dirt inside the lens. I washed and polished the lens and carefully cleaned the "mirror" of the light. Then I glued it back with that polyurethane body sealing stuff that factory uses in body sealings. It keeps the water out and looks fine now. Just try it!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is that to clean the inside of the headlight fixture or the outside? I am assuming the outside. If it is the inside, how do you get inside the light.
Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
What I found...

What I found that works real nice-like is get an old towel and some acetone. Get some acetone on the towel and wipe down your headlight and you will see the yellow come right off. But it is important to remember that once you have swiped down the headlight once not to use that area again. It will take about 6 to 8 minutes to get off the all the yellow. Now after that you will notice it is now cloudy, so just get some Windex or whatever glass cleaner you have and apply and re-apply and bam, your headlights look like new! Hope this helped it may seem like allot but its not and the results are stunning compared to the yellow crap that used to be on them!

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have used a tartar controlled toothpaste and it worked great. alot of scrubbing though.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Smoothie...

To get inside use a heat gun (atleast we call it that way). Use a screwdriver to twist carefully lens and the rearcover of the light apart. Be carefully 'cause you break it very easily. Heating makes the glue (keeps lens and cover together) go soft and then it's easy to remove. Do it slowly anyway, that way you don't break so much, atleast I didn't break my lights. Try this.

Mici

1 - 9 of 9 Posts