Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a set of hyperwhites for my car, unfortunately, the dim lights were brighter than the brights. I thought since my car was not a Honda that a set of rainbow headlights would work. Same proble occurred...My car is a '94 and there was a recall on the headlights, but we had that fixed. Now I am wondering if there is still something wrong because we had the right lights. I do not understand why the lights are not working on my car. Does anyone know of any reason that my headlights work fine with the stock in but do not work with anything aftermarket?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Are you saying that thet don't go on at all?

I imagin eyou have the correct 2 filament bulb in there right? Remember, you should see 2 filaments inside the bulb itself, one for the regular lights and one for the high beams..... If not, you need different bulbs.

I initially got Naxxos hyperwhite bulbs in my car. Th eregular headlights came on with no problems but the high beams will be dimmer than the regular ones. looked at the bulb and it was only using one filament for both regular and high beams.

After I body slammed the bulbs for causing me such distress, i got PIIAs and they are working great!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
thanks man, i will have to look hard around here for some. there not is a speed shop around here for hours. thanks anyway, later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts