Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
email the guys at mazdarecycling.com they are a mazda only junkyard and they ship. or just check local junkyards.

by the way, why do u wanna replace em? cause of the yellowing and frosty look? cause you can fix that. replacements aint cheap. or you may wanna consider the jspec ones. one piece glass w/projectors. just like the ones on the earlier Millenias.

just my .02

·
Registered
806 Posts
This subject has been covered more than once, but I will give you your answer since your post count seems to be pretty low, ie. you are new here. For less than $10 you can make you headlight look almost new. Just buy a pack of 1000 and 1500 wet/dry sand paper and have some rubbing compound or something handy. Get a piece of card board to put under the headlight and up the side of the headlight to prevent any "whoops, I didn't mean to do thats". I just cut a box top lid off a box I happened to have. Some people take their lights off, but I didn't see the need. Start off with the 1000 while spraying the headlight with water. I used a solution of Simple Green since it was in my spray bottle already made up. When you think the headlights are clearing up nicely, go to the 1500, then finish off with the rubbing compound. Finally hit it with some Windex and you should really notice a difference from one side to the other.

G

·
0 Posts
yellow headlights

xeon said:
This subject has been covered more than once, but I will give you your answer since your post count seems to be pretty low, ie. you are new here. For less than $10 you can make you headlight look almost new. Just buy a pack of 1000 and 1500 wet/dry sand paper and have some rubbing compound or something handy. Get a piece of card board to put under the headlight and up the side of the headlight to prevent any "whoops, I didn't mean to do thats". I just cut a box top lid off a box I happened to have. Some people take their lights off, but I didn't see the need. Start off with the 1000 while spraying the headlight with water. I used a solution of Simple Green since it was in my spray bottle already made up. When you think the headlights are clearing up nicely, go to the 1500, then finish off with the rubbing compound. Finally hit it with some Windex and you should really notice a difference from one side to the other.
Thanks for taking the time to post this info. I'll let you know how it works for me.

L

·
0 Posts
I have a set of stock headlights for sale. I'm looking to sell them for $120 plus shipping and handling. If this sounds like something you might be interested in then e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
26 Posts
after sanding the headlights down,
i dono what rubbing compound is...
but after sanding it down, i went to the canadian tire (or ne place like it i guess) and got a can of clearcoat spray for auto. put 2 light layers on it, and it looks so much better now. very shiny!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts