Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how to remove my headlights on my 93 mx-6. I'm having a hell of a time, i just can't get the outer side of it off. thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you are talking about the corner lights (smaller lights to the outside of the headlight if you dont know), there is one screw on the top. Remove it and then pull straight out towards the front of the car. I'm sure it's probably very tight as mine were when I took them off. There's a plastic track that they slide into so be careful to pull directly to the front. I actually cracked part of the plastic groove trying to get my fingers behind them so be careful. Hope this helps

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
noo, i'm sorry, i do mean the main headlight but i don't know how to detatch the screw(s) that's holding it on the side closest to the corner light.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oh, sorry I misunderstood you. I've never had to take the headlights off my car, so I'm not exactly sure how to take them off. If you wanna wait 2 weeks, i'll be taking them off to put my JSPEC lights on and then I will be able to help you ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks man. Yeah i was thinking about just getting those too but they are expensive. Do you know if they are expensive to install? I heard they have to be molded on.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, I got tired waiting for a bulk buy to go through and $599 is kind of a lot. However, those lights look SO nice. It's not that they need to be molded on. The mounting brackets need to be cut/ground to be bigger and then the lights need to be rewired cause the JSPECs don't have turn signal lights on them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm doing it all myself so it won't cost anything. I'm gonna rewire the foglights to flash as my signals.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Isnt it like one big screw. The screw that adjusts the light to be angled up and down. Once that is removed there is like plastic moldings that the screws fit into that should pop off.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's what i thought but there seems to be something holding the side of the headlight closest to the corner light. I didn't want to break it.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
pull the corner light off and maybe you can get at it like that...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts