Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, whats up. I need a new headliner and dash, has anyone had one of these recovered or bought a new one? How much can i expect to pay? the dash is cracked beyond repair. The headliner is stained from a recent leak in the sun roof...

·
Registered
666 Posts
I can't tell you about the dash, but, I got a headliner in good condition from a junkyard for $25. A new headliner at a shop here, including visors because at the time my visors were crapped out, was gonna be $200. My headliner no longer matches the rest of my interior, it's gray, where the interior is light blue, so, I'm probably gonna shell out the $200 and get it done new. The visors are from the same car as the headliner, so they're gray as well.
Try http://www.copartfinder.com, I've heard they're really good on used parts.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have a good idea for the headliner. Go to a frabric store, and buy some vinyl. It would look better than regular cloth that will rip, like mine. Hey Texas how do you remove the headliner? I plan on buying some vinyl tommorow and test out my idea. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
A new dash cover is over $740 from Mazda.
If you're removing your headliner...BE CAREFUL. It easy to rip it. Don't just pull on it expecting the fasterners to pop out. Ask an interior shop what the proper tool is. I think it's like a fork thing you use to pry the little push fasteners off. I ripped my 626 one slightly, which was perfect, so now I can't sell it.
Also when you remove the A and C pilar trim, lookout so you don't break the parts that the little snap fasteners attach to. It's easy for the plastic on your pilar to break before the fastener pops off, because the plastic is old and brittle from being in the sun.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks AntiSUV. Is that bulk buy on the pillar pod ever going to go through? Im thinking about getting a pod made for a Mustang, my pillar has nice holes & cracks in it from the bastard who broke into my car. I also hear that a pod made for an Eclipse works also. If this is true what year model Eclipse is it off of?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, you gotta take off all the trim for the pillars, then you'll see some metal tabs. They just pull out. BE VERY CAREFUL When taking the trim off, AntiSUV is right, they break very easily.
There's a fabric store here that sells material for headliners, it has some foam glued to the back of it. I would have done that, but, I don't know how to sew or anything.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you get the headliner out of the car????? I tried every possible way when i replaced my sun roof. It was always too wide... How can i get it out?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
It's interesting. My old mx-6 and my new 626, both have stained headliners from the sunroof leaking at some time. The visors on both cars are shot to hell too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree that the visors on our cars are pieces. Mine are almost crumbled and have been that way for 5 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts