Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Can anyone give me instructions for removing the headliner in my MX-6? My sunroof motor quit working and I want to see if there's a bad connection somewhere. I'm thinking it may be a loose wire because it was working fine except for the occasional hang-up when I'd have to punch the roof a few times to 'jumpstart' the motor. Where do I start? From those who have done this before, what should I NOT do?

thanks
Jeremy

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
how to take off your headliner!!!

1. pull your front pillers off buy pulling them tords you.
2. on the rear window piller pull off the seatbelt harness cover then unscrew the 2 bolts on each piller.
3. on the sunvisers you need a flat head screw driver , pop off the bracket cover on both sides on 1 sunviser then un screw, then pull it off.
4.open the sunroof half way the pull off the trim around the sunroof then pulloff the metal trim under it,then put your hand over the headliner then snap it off then pull of the headliner off the sunroof part.
5.use a butter nife and pop off the lens on the dome light, then unscrew the screw,then pull the dome peice tords you then unplug the harness.
6.carefully slip your hand over the rear of the headliner in theback off the car then start snapen it of tords the front,then put your seats down then take it out.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
you wanna do it the easy way??
1. fill windex bottle with water
2. get sponge
3. spray sponge and headliner
4. rub wet sponge on headliner
6. get sharp object
7. watch headliner come falling down
8. slice headliner with sharp object
9. rip it out with hands.

follow directions above to install new headliner.

(Yes, I did this)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
does the motor make a pushing sound like its having a hard time moving? if so, your rails are probably gummed up with crap. just pull that sunroof apart and clean the gunk off. problem solved :)

edit: make sure you lube the rails when youre done too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts