Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried installing a sheet metal around the K&N filtercharger with some room between the metal and filtercharger. The sheet metal is square and of course the filtercharger is circular, so the edge of the square is giving some room. The thing is, im not sure if this will be effective because the metal is still absorbing heat from the engine. Any suggestions? I tried ordering the PRM intake, but the guy that works there said that they dont have one for a 94' MX6 LS, that has ATX. Anyone have any type of CAI for ATX? input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you live in cal. I would contact hot shot who is looking for volunteers for there intake on an auto v-6 mx-6(they already make one for the pgt.

If not, you can make your own. Mine should work on an auto because the hose is flexible and can be bent to fit your tranny, just use a longer hose length. Click on my link on my sig for detailedd info.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey MX-6 BOY jr

I noticed on your web-site that you DECREASED the size of the pipe to increase the velocity of air...from 3" to 2.5".

Is this standard wisdom for this sort of thing (I'm a bit of a newbie to performance mods)? It just seems that everywhere else on the car were widening, expanding etc to reduce the resistance and increase the flow.

Perhaps you can comment MX-6 BOY jr
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
rig up some vacuum/turbo hose to blow cold air at the filter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts