Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would it be a big problem to remove my heat sheilds on the exhaust? since i put the header on they rattle like crazy, very annoying. is there a better way to correct this?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I dunno. I would try to fix them before taking them off. I mean, they are there to shield heat right?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've wanted to take mine off too. I think that if you took it off it would allow more air to hit it and cool it off a bit more. What do ya think?

G

·
The heat shield is more for protecting the cat converter/pipe from dents or puncture and also all the water that will rust the bolts together. But that will happen eventually, so its not really a big deal if you remove them. I took'em off my RX-7 and I'm glad I did cause they rattled and scraped speed bumps and those rotaries make TONS more heat, but I never had problems removing them. In fact METAL is the last material I'd use for shielding HEAT... think about it.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hye you're right. I'm gonna take mine off now, they make too much noise!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Doesn't matter, on or off. Use a hose clamp, or several, to clamp them down. That should take care of the rattle, if you're worried about removing them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts