Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first I will say "I am Stupid." You will say this about me numerous times as you read this thread...

I was swapping rear motor mounts (and various other things), so I disconnected the heater hoses and the coolant hoses to the TB.

I thought I had "properly" labeled each of them...well when I pulled them off, liquids poured out removing the ink used to label them.

Which brings me to my current situation...I don't know which one connects where.

The heater hoses come out of the fire wall right next to each other. There is one on the passenger side and one on the driver side. They connect to two ports that are on top of each of other.

Please answer like this:

Driver's side hose connects to the ??? port.
Passenger's side hose connects to the ??? port.

??? = top or bottom

Now the coolant hoses that are giving me trouble are the two on the bottom of the IAC (under the TB). I need a way to figure out which one connects to each port.

Please answer like this:

Driver's side hose connects to the port on the ??? side of the TB.
Passenger's side hose connects to the port on the ??? side of the TB.

??? = Intake manifold or Air filter.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying and can help...any effort is greatly appreciated...thanks in advance...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I can't answer your question. But your post is funny to me. I'm guessing you write code all day. The way you organized your post seems like a programmer's thoughts.

I don't really understand what you mean by coolant hoses connecting to the throttle body.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
heres your [email protected] obviously you dont work on your car into detail much. The throttle body is heated by Radiator coolant hoses, very small ones.

Heres where the bigger hoses go.

(the bottom hose goes to the passenger side. and the top goes to the drivers.)

and as for the smaller hoses on the TB, the short hose connects to the Intake manifold side of the TB and the longer hose connects to the intake side of the TB.

On the TB one hose is smaller and goes directly below the TB, and another comes from the center of the engine...it is longer.

Its very hard to describe this problem..i got it though

·
Registered
146 Posts
do you have a bigger picture with more detail? Just kiddin...I use my crappy old laptop when I'm in my living room and I had to scan the screen like 30 diff ways to understand what was goin on. Thanks for it though, I've been wondering if I hooked those up incorrectly.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
riced, is ur car overheating still? did u try the thermastat yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts