Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its getting to be about winter time and i needed my heater the other day. But It wouldnt blow out hot air even after i had been driveing the car for 30 minuts. With it turned all the way up i just blows somewhat warm air. Can you guys give me anything to look at to try to trouble shoot this problem. :help: Im cold.

Reactions: [Danjamin]

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
[Danjamin] said:
I'd start by checking your coolant levels, my coolant was running low thus my heater did not work very well. Other than that I'd say it's your heater core.
I agree. :tup: and agree :tup:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i will start with the coolant level. And if it is the heater core is there anyway to test that

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had the same problem and it was the heater core. It would only blow hot air when the Rpm was high. I flushed the cooling system and heater core and fixed the problem.

If you flush the cooling system remember to do it with heater on highest setting.

·
Registered
822 Posts
kc 93'ls said:
I had the same problem and it was the heater core. It would only blow hot air when the Rpm was high. I flushed the cooling system and heater core and fixed the problem.

If you flush the cooling system remember to do it with heater on highest setting.
Definately agree with this. it can get blocked up and the fewer pathways the water can travel through the less air gets heated. Im sure you will find this sorts out your problem. After that when ever you do a coolant change, flush the system.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the engine temp is fine. I will try flushing the system and see what that does.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I doubt there's even a need to flush it, just check the level. If you open your filler cap and it's empty, fill it up (burping the system accordingly) and I bet the heat comes back as it should.

Heater cores don't fail often in these cars, nor do thermostats.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it never goes over half way stays just under half when it warms up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts