Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear something that sounds like water boiling in the dash, as soon as I start the car and its still cold. Also, defroster does not seem to be defrosting to well.

Could this be a hole in the heater core? But I have not been loosing any water or smelling antifreeze.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
have you checked your coolant level? that "boiling" noise you hear is air in the coolant system rushing around in the pipes and heater core. if you had a hole in the heater core, your floorboard would be wet with antifreeze. check all of your coolant hoses for cracks or damage, make sure your clamps are on tight enough. then fill your reservoir with coolant. do this with the engine running, so that it will cycle out any air that is trapped in the system.

Btw...by defroster, do you mean vents or rear window defroster? if it's vents you're talking about, air in your system will cause you to hardly get any warm air, along with a faulty thermostat.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I'll agree with this... does sound like air in the system...

If it appears to be full of coolant... you may have to drain it out, and refill... SLOWLY to avoid trapped air pockets..

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Air pockets

I checked the coolant again and its full. Decided to let it run with the cap off for a few minutes and now the boiling/bubbling sound is gone so I think you guys were right about the air pockets.

Still seems like the defroster (front window) does not work as well as it should. Seems like it blowing moist air out.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
do you get heat out of any other vents? you may have a problem with your HVAC controls. if not heat at all out of any other vents...then you may have a plugged heater core.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.