Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been sort of lurking in the background for ages, like what the site has to offer.

On the way to work this morning the heater fan stopped working.
Just filled up with petrol (Optimax, love the stuff) pulled off the forecourt and noticed that the blower was not blowing.
I moved it up to position 3 and it sprang into life. turns out positions 1 and 2 don't work anymore.

The exit from the petrol station is a bit bumpy, could it be that something has shaken loose?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Greyhead
:confused:

·
Registered
102 Posts
It sounds like you need a new Thremal resistor (heater resistor). I am not sure where they are located on the second gen's. The are right by the blower motor on the first gens. Find it, take it out and have a look at her, if she's cracked or something get a new one.

Good One

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that.

Actually, over lunchtime I trawled the site and found much the same as what you are telling me.

So thank you for your help.

And thanks to everyone else for posting the replies to others who had the same problem, I got wiring diagrams, part numbers, extracts from manuals, everything I could possibly need.

Rang the local parts department, its £55.00

So rather than rake around the scrap yards for one that may or may not work, I ordered it. It was quicker easier and saves me spending my time trying to find one, OK so I'm just lazy.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts