Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont' like this at all. i've lost 1,2,and 3 on my heater control. the only level that works is 4
and wuts wierd is they all stopped working at the exact same time. i dont' know wut it would be. cuz why would they all go off at the same time, weird huh

·
Registered
270 Posts
It sounds like the resitor has gone bad. What they do is limit the amount of voltage going to the blower motor. If the one for fan speed three goes out, then speeds 1, 2, and 3 will not work. I bet your A/C light comes on for speeds 1 through 3, but turns off on 4 when the blower fan comes on. I haven't asked Mazda if they can get them, but a junkyard might be a good place to start.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i had the same problem about 2yrs ago with mine. i took her up to the mazda dealer and they fixed her in like two hours and to a bill of $120. and i do belive it was a resistor, but on mine only the speeds 3&4 worked if i remeber right. i found somewhere on the internet that this was a common problem on our cars.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oooooooook

alright well i'm sure not gonna pay 120 bucks for my heater when winter is just about over. but i will consider the junkyard. anyways my junkyards around here dont' have any mx6's at all but they have several rx7's. so do u think these will match up or can i make them work. i knwo their window switches worked in my mx6 so what do u think?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds feasible, of course the probe may also work. $120 included labor, right? They prob flagged an hour for two screws:)

·
Registered
405 Posts
is it just your heater? b/c nothing worked on mine in those speeds. no a/c, no vent, no nothing. and i belive it was $120 for everything.

G

·
I had an old Ford LTD (first car, forgive me...) and it had the same problem. I dug thru electrical diagrams and found that there was a relay tied into that ciruit. Upon taking apart the relay I found a little thermal transistor inside went bad. Went to Radio Shack and matched up the part and resoldered it in and all was good. Total cost: ~$1-2. I'd look for a similar relay tied in with your car... just look thru the wiring diagrams found in the Haynes/Chilton's/factory manuals. If you need the whole thing, best bet would be a junkyard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts