Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently replaced the radiator and the car has brand new coolant (50/50). The car (per gauge) warms up properly, and stays right in the middle if the gauge. The fan operates properly as well, but for some reason the heat is not hot. I know that it should be much more warm then it is. Any idea what could be wrong? Nick

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
magik8 said:
Heater core might be clogged?
I though the same, but it the hoses to the heater core (both in and out) are hot to the touch. Nick

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
are you sure your HVAC vents are working correctly? your vents may not be forcing the air through the heater core fully.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HotAss6GT said:
are you sure your HVAC vents are working correctly? your vents may not be forcing the air through the heater core fully.
I thought that that could be a possibility, is it a common issue and would it be tough to diagnose? Nick

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i believe everything is operated via a vacuum line...you might want to check to see if one of your hoses has become disconnected...or your rheostat switch where you select hot/warm/cold air isn't bad.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine doesn't use the push button type selector but the slide type, so I don't think there are any vac lines. I am going to change my t-stat tomorrow, just because it is cheap and a good place to start. Hopefully it will solve the problem. Thanks for the help, Nick

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I changed the thermostat today and it helped nothing. I let the car idle up to temp and still the heat is just warm. I know its soposed to be much more hot, the probes is and so is my friends 626 gt. I felt the hoses that run through the heater core and both the in and out lines are hot so I know its not clogged. I also checked the heat range selector down under the passenger side plastic panel and it seemed to be working fine and closeing to where it should be. What else could be wrong? I have no idea. Is there some sort of filter or anything else? Thanks, Nick

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
only other thing i can think of is that you some portion of your hvac unhooked where it's drawing in cold air while it's on "heat"....you might have to take out parts of your dash to find the problem....

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
maybe the cable has come off of the temp door, the heater core could be clogged.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
if the heater core is clogged...would both lines be hot? is there a passthrough in the heater core like there is in the thermostat housing?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
they would both be hot. because when it operate normally, the inlet is hot as the outlet would be colder

1 - 12 of 12 Posts