Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just bought my car 1993 MX6 (ofcourse). The problem is that the original stereo in the car needs a "code". IT will not work without it. All it does is just keep blinking "code" in the display. The dealer i got the car from tells me that Mazda dealers should give me the code for free, but they are charging me $50CDN for it. (The stereo works fine, as i tested it before buying the car. IT doesn't work now beacause my dealer took the battery off to certify the car and now stereo needs a code). I was wondering is there any alternative of solving this problem cheaper and safely.

Thanx in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Radio Code

Did you already try using the procedure from the owners manual? It is pretty detailed, and if it hasn't been reset since the original purchase, you can still set it using your own code, perferably something simple like 1234(what are the chances that someone is going to steal a stock radio?). Let me know if you need the procedure...MAZDART

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will Really appreciate that

Thats the problem. It didn't came with anything. No manual, no procedures. Its impossible to track the original customer as he/she will have the code.
I will really appreciate if you can tell me step by step instructions of how to set up a new code.
Thanx again

·
Registered
806 Posts
One word "Aftermarket", I too went to the dealership to get it unlocked. After my tape deck went screwy I knew I had just wasted time. Now I have radio, tape and 10 CD's. I should have gone this route to begin with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
bypass the code

Its simple actually... just hold down Scan/Auto at the same time for 2 seconds... it will blink and then go to _ _ _ _ ... use the preset radio buttons to enter a number, once you're done hold down scan/auto again and it will register those numbers over the old ones... so basically, if you know this, you can steel anyones mx6 factory sterio :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts