Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I was wondering if anyone has done the Hei Mod to a 2.0 i4 and if so could someone help me out with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't suppose anyone has any input on this?
My brother's distributor on his 2.0 failed also, and before I tell him he has to spend $190 on a rebuilt one I'd like to know if we can ghetto mod it for $20.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't suppose anyone has any input on this?
My brother's distributor on his 2.0 failed also, and before I tell him he has to spend $190 on a rebuilt one I'd like to know if we can ghetto mod it for $20.
YEAH FOR REAL If you find out something then let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes - the coil and igniter are internal on this one.
Thanks for the link, the post is hard to read, but if I decide to do it should provide the information I need.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My haynes manual says that it has an ICM, but the coil is external.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hei Mod On a Four Cylinder (i4) (2.0)

In answer to the questions posted "can an hei mod be used on an i4) Yes! I did one on my i4 2.0 and it worked wonderfully. I will post what I did later on this week with photos.

Mx6 forever,

IKE

·
Registered
138 Posts
can we make this one more legible than the one on probe talk?? lol I have been thinking about doing this mod on my 2.0, just didn't want to decipher the probe talk post

·
Registered
138 Posts
haha i'm just waiting for mine to fail before I decipher the one on PT. hopefully we can get that on here soon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Reviving.... I have a mazda '94, that post on probetalk is difficult to understand (i have no exp in cars), can anybody point me to a more concise one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts