Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like it was my turn to have a week where everything goes wrong.

Thursday:
Got a phone call from my gf`s mother where she told me they have been into an accident.
My gf got hospitalized until they had x rayed her neck and found her ok.
when my worries about her was ended i could now consentrate on the car. my old 88 626 Sedan.
Front bumper,hood,grille,rigth headligth and fender needs to be replaced :mad:
luckwise she was not to blame since the other driver failed to use his mirrors when he was leaving the road shoulder on her side to enter the traffic in opposite direction.
This makes his insurance company the payer for the damages
i will demand they pay workshop charges for such a job but since i am able to do it my self i will stand up for my rigth to have the money paid directly too me before i decide what too do with the car.
this leave me with a few options

1 use the money too fix the car and use the rest of the money for other expenses

2 buy another car for the insurance money and use the car as a parts car

3 buy a more expensive car with the money + a loan and use the car as parts.

Sunday
drove away for returning the kids to their mother after the weekend (this time with my 88 626 Coupe)
After about 35 km s i noticed my cd player had stopped working and the display was very dim.

stopped the car too check for a loose connection.
didnt find anything so i entered the car again and tried to start it again without success.

conclution:
dead alternator (had probably drived on battery power for a while)

Got a friend too tow me back home after had arranged a pick up for the kids.

What a nigthmare. towing when its darker than Bin Ladens soul
without ligths at all and without power steering or brake booster.

hanging in a short rope on ice covered roads, on summertires
and when its cold enough too make your breath cover the windshield with ice on the inside.

I was totally exhausted when i finally got home after 1,5 hours of this sh*t

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
EviL_SmUrF said:

yeh being towed without power steering and brakes sux nuts.
Hehe, you think that is bad? Try getting towed with no power steering, no brakes, and no axles? Hehe, I moved and the car was in the middle of a transmission rebuild (took longer than I thought), so I had to tow it like that. It was only like 1.5-2 miles, but it still sucked.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
88MX6GT said:
Hehe, you think that is bad? Try getting towed with no power steering, no brakes, and no axles? Hehe, I moved and the car was in the middle of a transmission rebuild (took longer than I thought), so I had to tow it like that. It was only like 1.5-2 miles, but it still sucked.
No axles??
If you mean driveshafts i hope you atleast stuck in the CV joints and torqued the nuts good. if not expect to change front wheel bearings in close future

tripharn

Not bad. almost too tigth ;)

iggypop

I have no reason to not be in a good mood.
with 415000 km on the odo i will get more money from the insurance company than i would be able too sell the car for anyway + i can still keep the car for parts if i decide its not worth the hassle too repair.

And the Coupe was fixed with a junkyard alternator the day after it broke down :) Total cost 40$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts