Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Not bad at all, even pattern, decent cutoff (not razor, but hey it works)

What modules did you get? Got a link? Are they the optilux models?

Those looke like the hella foglights i just sold on here a while back.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I really like those, and for the price they seem like a great deal. I saw on the JC Whitney site that they are "for off road use only" though. I've been looking for some fog lights for mine and have always been detered when I see that label thinking I'm going to get stopped or something stupid for using them "on road." Anyone ever had a problem with that?

-Todd

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i never have. i run stage III "off road" use fog lamps in my GT...and i run WITHOUT the shield that was in the headlight case...lol and never been stopped.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Most cops dont know if they're OEM or aftermarket fogs. As long as they're not strobes or angel eyes with green,red etc colors in them. If you dont get huge gaudy ones, and fit them in the bumper very professional looking, not many people would think twice. Especially since none know what our cars are :lol: Although there has been a thread in the 1G Section where a member (Sick I believe?) got stopped for his custom clear corners.

-Tyler

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hmm, that's good to hear. I wanted to grab a stock set of foglights off of a 1gen probe or a saab or something and put those in to keep it stock looking, but I'm thinking I might go with something like this... I wish the 626 gt came with the fogs like the mx6.

alanmx6 said:
i have not had any problems as of yet i think the y are off road only b/c they are yellow. i dont know if you can change the bulbs and make them white or not.
I was wondering about the yellow part too. Anyone know if they also come in white?

Edit: Also, what are people opinions on the shape? I kind of like the rectangular ones here and thought they might look nice in the bumper. Or is that nice beam specific to those round ones and wouldn't come with the rectangular ones?

-Todd

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
88626gt said:
I really like those, and for the price they seem like a great deal. I saw on the JC Whitney site that they are "for off road use only" though. I've been looking for some fog lights for mine and have always been detered when I see that label thinking I'm going to get stopped or something stupid for using them "on road." Anyone ever had a problem with that?

-Todd
Its because the have the ion yellow bulbs in them... They do say DOT on them..

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Mine came in white. I believe they came in bluish tint, ultra white, and something else. Maybe you just picked up the wrong one?

metros

1 - 20 of 35 Posts