Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newb here, just wanted to make myself known. I recently got a used 1993 MX6, in decent condition with a few minor techs I've had to do. Already thinking bout some mods. Any suggestions? I was thinking about the BC or Sting Ray kit, as far as that. MY FIRST QUESTION to you all....Is it possible to put the V6 engine in place of my 2.0L 4 cyl Manual? I've been looking around and I've alread found that it is a bit larger than the 4 cyl in size, but do any of you know if that can actually be done. If this is discussed elsewhere please refer me to that forum. thx.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
hi! welcome to the boards. to answer your question, it's almost impossible to replace the 4 with the V6. Notice I said "almost." You would basically have to change out everything forward of the firewall. The cost of doing that would be more than a good MX6 LS that already has the V6. i'm in the same boat as you basically. i've got the 2.0L, but that's a good engine to build from. Look in the Performance section of the 2nd Gen forum for a good article on how to beef up our 2.0L engines.

Trent

1 - 2 of 2 Posts