Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Hello I am new

102 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RbluEMx6 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I am Mark, I have recently bought a 1989 mx6 GT? I dont know if that is the same for Australia (yeah I am oztralian) AWs.

I have a few questions (light your torches)
-The bushes of the rear stabilizer bar need replacing, is this something i can do in my driveway? any advice would be good.
-Can i get appropriate radiator hoses, bushes, drive belts etc from local shops like REPCO or do they need to be obtained 2nd hand or other?
-Is ebay the best source for a cold air intake adaptor kit?
-Where in west aus is the best place to get an exhaust and what is the best size? I was thinking about 2 and 1/2 inch max. :)

tl:dr - where can i get parts in west Oz?

thanks! looking forward to posting more seemingly obvious qustions :shrug::p

#3 ·
-The bushes of the rear stabilizer bar need replacing, is this something i can do in my driveway? any advice would be good.
Yes it is. All you need is a jack and stands and a 14mm socket wrench.

-Can i get appropriate radiator hoses, bushes, drive belts etc from local shops like REPCO or do they need to be obtained 2nd hand or other?
Not sure about parts stores Down Under, but here stateside most all autoparts stores carry routine and most major repair parts.

-Is ebay the best source for a cold air intake adaptor kit?
Maybe, but most GT guys use a drop in performance filter, or use a cone filter to replace the factory air box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.