Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1994 2.0 Mx6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
A month ago (on 16th of March) I bought an Mx6 and I love it. Its a 2.0 115hp 1994 model. (Sadly.)
Wanted to buy the V6 but there were none for sale.
Its got a few rust spots and really bad paint but its all fixable.
Anyway - I've got plans on restoring and repainting the car fully, also slamming it on some sweet wheels. Coilovers are on the way already. Sunroof wasn't working when I got it so I fixed that right away.
I'd love if you guys got some tips for me as Im new to all this japanese cars culture. (Got a slammed vw golf mk3 also, so its my first japanese car).
I'll post some pics below:

Also - absolutely hate that wing so its gonna go whenever I start doing body work to it.
Greetings from Bulgaria.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks like you have a neat project ahead.

You've done well to get some coilovers. I'm curious which brand did you go with?
I would probably head on over to King6fab and look at getting a few parts from him. He has a lot of stuff available.I can't recall if the e-spec comes in 4ws or not but if so that might affect your build when it comes to buying parts such as swaybars which is something I would recommend particularly a stiffer one for the rear.

Yeah the wing looks a little off. I'm glad you are taking that off soon. Are you going to put another spoiler on such as the stock or are you just not going to have one anymore.

It seems like there is a lot more interest in Europe for the Mazda MX-6 these days than anywhere else. There seems to be virtually no interest in Australia anymore.
Greetings from Australia. (y)

·
Registered
1994 2.0 Mx6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the reply.
I went with BC Racing BR Series (RS).
Did not know about this site but I'll be sure to check it out, as there are not much parts for that car where Im from and if they ship to here it'll be sweet.
As far as I know it doesn't have the 4WS (which I though comes only on the V6 models?)
Anyway, swaybars are a must and I'll be looking into them for sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice!
Yeah king6 was an active member of this forum once upon a time but I guess a lot has changed since I stopped visiting here. Some parts are subject to availability and he makes them as they ordered so it might take some time but he is a genuine guy. I believe he is still active. I tried emailing him myself a few days ago but haven't heard from him but he should be available. I may put an order in soon for a few basic detail things but will have to wait to hear back from him and a few other people so I can manage my money.

Oh that's right. I totally forgot that. You are absolutely right.
I just contacted k-mac and they still have the info for the rears but nothing for the front. They asked if I had a diagram or a photo of it but I haven't had any luck here. Photobucket nuked a lot of websites when they pulled the rug out from under everyone online so its hard to find much of anything.
From what I remember stiffening up the rear is the most important for our cars because of the front wheel drive.
I'd probably say that poly bushes and stuff like that would be a good move too but that is all covered by king6fab so definitely hit him for stuff if its in your budget.
Its something I will be looking at also in time.

I don't know of many active project builds going on regarding our cars but I'm looking forward to seeing yours progress.

·
Registered
1994 2.0 Mx6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll definitely be posting the progress on the car either here, or I'll make a new thread. Just wanna get some parts in stock. Got my eyes on a set of wheels that I think will fit well. Also wanna put some nice racing-bucket seats (still wanna be a daily so it wont be an extreme bucketseat). A steering wheel, etc.
Polybushings are gonna go in the same time as the coilovers.
Still need to find some parts like a left fog light, a front bumper (cause this one is a little broken) etc.
But yeah, my budget is not that big but I'll be making progress over time.
As I said I gotta check if King6Fab ships to Europe. If he does it'll be really sweet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's good to hear. We'd all love to see it progress. Yeah I have to stock up on parts too but I haven't heard back from many people I have emailed so its kinda disappointing because I am absolutely willing to spend but I will wait a little longer before I start pushing harder. My car is away at a body shop right now so I am just focusing on parts and setting out a game plan. Nice, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Any idea what size wheels and tyres you are going for?

Yeah I'm still rocking stock seats because my car is very much a daily driver. That's good to hear. I wanna go poly but am worried its going to be a bit rough but adjusting coilover dampening should help., I believe the BC racing coilovers have 30 way dampening too.

Yeah I noticed about the bumper. lol the same fog light on my car was broken too. It took me a while to find a fog light for my car too.

Yeah, my budget isn't as big as I would have hoped too since I have had a lot of setbacks but I will try push forward and get some parts over time.

I just checked for you on his website (edited my cart) and he ships to Bulgaria so I hope that helps. Shipping to Australia is a bit dear for what I was looking at right now but I am keen.
I am definitely not the most knowledgeable when it comes to mechanical stuff but I dream big. lol

·
Registered
1994 2.0 Mx6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im still searching for a good body shop, because its really hard to find a decent one here.
Wheels are going to be 17 9.5j +22offset (22ET) and Im gonna be running them on a 205/40. Its gonna be a stretchy wheel. Going for that slammed-stancy look. I'll need to camber it out a bit for the wheel to fit and pull and roll the fenders, but I'll make it work.

Polybushing will make the ride rough but I like it that way (that sounded very wrong).
And yes BC's have 30 way damp adjustments.

About the seats - thats why Im looking for a slight buckety style seat. Don't really like the stock ones. Still wanna be somewhat comfortable when driving.

Also I think I've found a donor car for some parts, just gotta contact the guy.

Yeah it helps, haha. Now I know from where I can get parts that I can't find here, thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah and its also hard to trust people. Some people are more than happy to take your money but not to meet the quality standards to meet that dollar value.
It took me a while to find someone that actually wanted to work on my car but that's a story within itself.
Sounds interesting. I'm sure its going to look great.Have you got any choice on tyre brand or type.

hahaha! Classic!
That's cool. yeah I don't mind it a bit rough myself but when things start chattering and rumbling in the cabin it will get annoying for me. Ah it should be nice. I've heard that the BC's run a bit softer than the others but they have a nice clicky dampening adjuster so it will be easier to tune. They can definitely be stiffened up to run as you please though.

The stock seats aren't the worst but after years of wear they get a bit soft. I may look at getting them rebuilt with better material for durability and comfort and then get them reupholstered although from the sounds of it your choice in seats sound perfect.

Best of luck with that. I just found out today that my potential donor car pulled out of the deal and now I am back to square one. :/

You're welcome. I hope King6 looks after you well. I'm sure he will though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts