Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1992, Mazda MX-6 2.5L V6
82 Posts
I see your Dad is a man of culture. :D
Boy! There is something about a red MX6 and black rims that just sets it off nicely.

It looks like he may have done a few things to it already. It looks like she's in need of a bit of work but otherwise it's in great shape. I'm glad to see it here.

Any idea what has been done to it already. It looks like the car has been dropped already so either its running some sort of struts or springs. Test pipe on the floor so something has probably been done to the exhaust recently but otherwise I would probably look at some headers and exhaust.
A KL-ZE swap seems the way to go. There is some sort of MAS mod that yields some good HP.

I would look at some things like a rear sway bar even a turbo if you are so inclined. King6fab is a good place for custom fabricated parts if you are keen for that.

I wonder if your dad was ever a part of this forum. That would be wild! Second generation for a second gen car... Awesome!!

P.S. I like the wheel to tyre ratio. What are the specs on those bad boys?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. I guess this car will keep me busy for months and I will try to keep you updated with the progress.

·
Registered
47 Posts
well..... a KL-ZE swap might be a bit pricy (and or challenging) you can never go wrong with a MAF swap by Wiring by Scott, should gain 15-20hp on the top end, not bad for $350 if you ask me..... not to mention the 8-10hp gain in the midrange, their dyno tests concluded on a 100% stock manual car, WHP was 150-155ish, but with the MAF it was 171, impressive

·
Registered
47 Posts
well..... a KL-ZE swap might be a bit pricy (and or challenging) you can never go wrong with a MAF swap by Wiring by Scott, should gain 15-20hp on the top end, not bad for $350 if you ask me.....
(some have said the gains are 35hp but his facebook page claims 15-20hp, so i'd disregard that, although if you have exhaust/intake mods i wouldnt be suprised to gain 35hp with the maf swap.... just saying) although i figured that's what the guy meant when he told me 35hp

·
Registered
1992, Mazda MX-6 2.5L V6
82 Posts
(some have said the gains are 35hp but his facebook page claims 15-20hp, so i'd disregard that, although if you have exhaust/intake mods i wouldnt be suprised to gain 35hp with the maf swap.... just saying) although i figured that's what the guy meant when he told me 35hp
Yeah I think that might have been TwoPedalWarrior. He's done a few upgrades to his car but regardless if you can push a two figure increase in hp then that's a win in my book. I wonder how this would fair on an Automatic Transmission.
Nonetheless I think this is probably a good one to go for and as Ghetto_fabulous_420 mentioned its much cheaper, easier, less problematic and much less time consuming to install. Something I am considering soon myself.

King6fab manufacturers parts for our cars from time to time so there is some nice upgrades for our cars there too if you are so inclined.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts