Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so before you flame me about using the search feature trust me I have and I have found a few very helpful threads regarding the swap from an auto v6 to a manual v6 but there are some questions that I have that I can't seem to find the answers to no matter how much I search. My MAIN question is this, doe's the DONOR car HAVE to be another v6 or can it be a manual inline 4? To further go into detail of my question I mean are the parts that are required for the swap engine specific (minus tranny, flywheel, clutch) meaning can I use the brake booster and master/slave cylinders from my I4 in my swap or do they have to be from another v6? Basically here is my deal, I have my daily which is a manual inline 4 and I recently picked up an M edition LS v6 with a blown auto tranny so I am planning on using my inline 4 as my parts donor car for the swap. Any help on this will be GREATLY appreciated!!! And on a side question, the LS I picked up is in almost perfect shape except for the blown auto tranny and rust along the roof near the sun roof. I plan on doing a complete sun roof delete so my question is, is it possible to remove the roof in its entirety to replace it with another? The rust goes all of the way through the upper panel but doesnt leak into the cab of the car it just goes through to the watter drain lower part which has no rust. Thanks for any help recieved!!!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
you will definitely need the tranny, flywheel, clutch, tranny mounts, and intermediate shaft from a v6.

Slave cylinder is interchangeable. All you need is the master cylinder reservoir, not the entire master cylinder. I'm not sure if they interchange. Clutch line may or may not be the same.

Really when it comes down to it there just aren't many parts that interchange and its not worth tearing apart a running car for the 2-3 parts you could use.

·
Registered
223 Posts
+1 to that. I would think you would be better off trying to dump yours quick and take the money and buy used/new parts to do the swap.

There isnt much to the swap after the major parts listed, you could probably buy everything else for under 200 new.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that's what I'm thinking but also I have quite a few parts on my daily that will swap such as lights hid's, brand new rims and tires, brand new brakes, brand new O.E struts, ect ect... Blah I know that either way I'm going to end up selling the 4 banger but I just won't get nearly what I have put into it on the last 6 months back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts