Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, my car was hit a while back...yeah it sucks but now im going for the big GT.

I can't find any around here worth buying. Help me out, i am willing to have it shipped to me from anywhere. Im looking for a preferably dark grey GT. It doesn't matter auto or manual.....budget doesn't matter, color doesnt really matter either. If you do find one let me know all about it and if you could, test drive it for me...I would trust you guys before anyone else.

Help me get my new project on the way...i got big plans....

·
Registered
449 Posts
I know of two MX6 GTs in the washington state area. They are both at used car dealerships.

One is a 1988 GT, Blue Interior, Silver exterior. Has relatively low miles for a 88. They want $2755. The car started at a ridiculous $5k and slowly has been brought down. Here is the website: http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/...ake=MAZDA&model=MX6&distance=50&car_year=1988
It's fairly clean. I'm sure a deal of about 2k~2300 can be made. i haven't driven it though.

The second GT I haven't checked out yet (saw it today), but it is black and is 90+ (could tell by rims) I was planning on checking it out tomorrow, because I'm always looking. :D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am possible looking for with a low price....one that may need a little work. Plus washington state is real far from cincinnati,ohio. Shipping alone would kick my ass...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sorry that I can't help. Hope you find a GT soon.

But I did test drive the 1990 MX6, It needs work and they want an unbelieveable price of $4500. I got'em done to $2700 but that is still way too expensive. It's not black, a real dark metallic purple, grey interior.

Needs paint, windows go down slow, tilt on Sunroof squeals and doesn't go up, tailight broken, needs tires, needs A/C components and freon, radio doesn't work, carpet bad condition in trunk, High miles 186k, no abs, steering is very stiff and vibrates at 60mph, and tranny is a bit hard shifting (5-spd).

No to little rust, new/performance looking exhaust (has 3" tip), turbo still boosts, went through tune up recently, new TB boot and I/C hoses, interior in good condition, suspension is still tight.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey manifest, i have been looking at that car a lot lately. I am considering it, but they dont seem to be budging on that price. Is that closer to you or me? Im in cincinnati. Im not sure if the lights reflecting off those side markers or not but it looks good like that. I actually call on this car and the lady didn't wanna budge on that price. It has a hole in an A/C line....i think thats the only problem she mentioned. I had to sqeeze that out of her. Oh yeah, Whats your area code?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I am in the 330 area; they are in 614 Westerville; I think that is Columbus area? Depending on the shape of the car; that price is pretty good. I purchased the 92 with 130K on it for $1850. The interior was trashed and the outside was not in great shape. It needed another $300 in parts and a real good cleanup to get it right. So $2500 is not bad at all; then if you are there face to face offer say $2300 or $2400 cash and you should get it. My only issue with this car is that it is from Ohio. Depending on the area they could use salt and that makes it more difficult to work on. One good thing about the 92 is that it was purchased form the DC area and the car spent a lot of time in FLA. Its really easy to work on and no rust at all. On the down side; the plastic is brittle compared to what a northern car would be.

One more note; unless the car was running when they took the picutre the power antenna is broken...

AC should not be too hard to fix.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
shipping

if you're willing to pay shipping, I'll look around where I live for you. However, try and get a car from the south. Mine was bought in NH then right away went to TX for 1/2 it's life then to FL and now 2 years in MA. It has like NO RUST on the body, which is really cool. The underside is a little rusty though.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Shipping a car is not that much $$, the downside of a southern car is that most of the interior and plastic and such will be brittle. It is best to pick up a car from say VA, TN, Southern Ohio ect. This is usually the best of both worlds, no or little salt but no heat to dry out and crack the dash and such.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sup Guys looks like I'm going to try an LS while I look for a chassis to rebuild my GT with. Good luck MX-NICK with the GT!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts