Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking about buying an lx. i would like a gt, but there are never any for sale around here. it's either they aren't around or they're automatic and there's no way i'm getting an auto. since i'm getting so impatient and many mx6 lx's have passed me by, i need advice before i make a mistake. thanks.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Man, just wait and keep your eyes peeled

Trust me, you don't want to settle for an auto, or an LX. For real man.

I loved my GT, and if I didn't care at all for speed, I'd get the LX. But I loved how it ran.

Check out these websites, and do an auto search in your area (if you haven't already). You might need to expand your search. I had to drive 140 miles one way to pick up mine. It was worth every mile!!

http://www.excite.com/autos

http://www.autotrader.com

There is also Yahoo, and Ebay, but I don't like either of them. But that is just MY preference.

Good luck man, I hope you be patient enough for a GT!!!!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
How long do you plan on keeping the car? If you want it for a while, I'd wait and get what you want. I'm sure the years of enjoyment out of a GT would make up for a couple of months now. I've never had an LX so I can't tell you all you want about the difference, but I know there's a guy name Jason (he now has a DSX Turbo) and anarchy who both upgraded from LX to GT and I'm sure each would tell you to wait. Talk to them and get some first person experience in the difference...
Beach.
'91 GT.

·
Registered
270 Posts
WAIT... and find a GT! If you are interested in performance at all then you would be kicking yourself the whole time if you settled for an LX. The GT's are great cars and those who own them know this, but they are worth the price premium and wait to find one. Keep looking, one will eventually show up. 626's also came with the Turbo and would be a great car (but they are rare).

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yeah, I found a 626 GT

Very clean, but a freakin' Automatic!!!!!!

Also, you'll probably only pay about $500 more for a GT than a LX, unless it is clean clean clean, or low mileage, then you'll pay a little more. But it is so worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts