Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, well ive been trying and trying to get my tranny out for the past week or so but i just never seemed to have time and everytime i tried i couldnt get it done until i got the Breaker bar and used the TORCH!!.. thanks to all the guys who helped me so far.. BUT HERES ANOTHER PROBLEM.... i got off the axle off form the passenger side of my car, now i tried the driver side.. but its Being a TRICK about it.. i tried to pull it off for the longest time.. ANY SUGGESTIONS as ways to get it off? TOOLS? TECHNIQUES?
ALL HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED...!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
You'll get it

Just blast the hell out of it with Liquid Wrench or something, but be sure to wipe it all off after you get it out, that stuff will corrode the axle. Let the liquid wrench sit for AT LEAST 10 minutes. Then get a mallet and bang the hell out it. Not too hard, and try to whack it from a few different directions. Then Liquid wrench it again. Try pulling out the axle. If it still doesn't budge, get a slide hammer :D

·
Registered
811 Posts
You can pull on it all you want and it probably wont budge. You need to give strong jerking motions. Either place a crowbar in a place that it will get grip (carfefull you dont want to crak the tranny housing) and give it a bunch of strong jerks. Thats the only way I could get mine off. If you dont need the axle just grab the other end and and give a few strong jerks and it should eventual come out.

:D I just realized that sounded disgusting

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
=( =(

I've soaked the hell out of it by the pb blaster... it works just sa good as liquid wrench or even better.. and its still not budging. AND i also tried banging the hell out of it and it wont work also.. i tried to jerk it also but no such luck! and plus i dont have crowbar .... but other than that... still NOthing!!..
STILL NEED MORE HELP!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
You NEED a crow bar! GO get one they are cheap and have 10,000,000 other uses!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts