Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my problem is.
1 My car wont always start the first try it takes a few trys
2 When I turn my lights on my rpm's go up real high
3 Whan im driveing down the road and I hit 4000 rpms my battery garge light comes onand flikers
4 my cooling fan flikers on and off and some times my car heats up alittle more then usual.
Iv replaced my battery, alternator and my turmastat
tha problem is still there can any one give me a halping hand please.
I was thinking of sealling it if I cant fix the problem. BUT ITS SO HARD TO EVEN THINK OF GIVEING IT UP.........:(

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
shot in the dark here......... look at your belt it might be too stretched. other than that i have no clue

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Sounds like you may have more than one problem.

The frist one sounds like it needs a tuneup - does it always not start, only when cold, only when warm and sitting ect ect.

The second sounds like a belt or bad ground, or could still be an alternator. Did you replace it with a rebuild, new or what? How long ago was that? What was the reason you replaced your alternator/battery.

The third sounds like you may have a bad thermo sensor, connection or relay on your fan. The fan is supposed to go on and off, depending on the temp sensor and what it is reading... does the fan go on when your temp guage goes a little past middle? If so this is normal till the car cools down some and then goes off. The fan will run even in accessory mode.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure about everyone elses problems with cold starting - but since my drama with HLA's... i'm damned if i can get it to start in anything less then 20 minutes of cranking and lots of backfiring - and when it does start it idles away on 3 cylinders - wanting to die in the ass - before after about 5 mins all of a sudden everything is fine again....

now thats a wierd one - but i'm clutching at straws now - i reckon my engine is terminal - but i'll be watching this thread - i've tried almost everything

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replace my battery and alt because of this problem but it didnt fix a thing well my car starts know I use to have to push start it so know it starts on its own thats one thing fixed. I will have it cheaked out soon and let u guys know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Could be the little solenoid that controls the idle speed and compensates for electronic loads is shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts