Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a 93' mx-6 and i'm having a little problem.
when i start the car it hits about 1200 rpms then drops down to about 400rpms ready to stall. i hit the gas then it goes to about 600-700rpm which is normal, but if i hit the ac the car stalls the ac draw some engine power like normal but i stall out when i'm in neutral. what the hell is that, it just started after i changed the exaust pipe from the engine to the converter. think its an emission promblem?
or feul filter, or idle needs adjusting? everything is new like the plugs and wires. i can't figure it out, any suggestions what sould i change or check first, and is it possible that having a hole in the exaust pipe for a few days through off the emission or idle? let me know what you think, i thank you so much for your advice to resolve this problem.......stray:eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thats some pickle you got there! :) From what I see, it could be your regulator on your alternator, but thats a long shot! It could be some sensor that control the idle speed, but I dont know much about those. Call a mazda tech. and explain your problem, he should be able to help you! Good luck!;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
the same problem just started with my car, though very minor. My research on this board has led me to belive it has something to do with plug wires and distributor, especially if your 93 hasn't had a new cap yet. Mine has, but I know that I have a bad wire. Check your cap and disty, but if there new too, then I dunno.
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
well the disty seems to be a reasonable solution since i used to get rough idling like you did before i changed mines... If you changed the exhaust pipe from the engine to the converter then it may have something to do with the O2 sensor which can be another culprit of rough idling.. for now what you should do it pull the codes By connecting pin 10 and GND on the diagnostics Box in the engine bay and watch the CEL flashing... if you dont know how to do this go to Mikes 94PGT site and read up on it and if you still have problems ask me... keep me updated on this.... peas and good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still

its not idling rough its idling to low,ready to stall when i turn the ac on it almost konks out sometimes it does

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
did u try adjusting the idling? also i would still pull the codes because if an O2 sensor is not plugged in or is faulty you'll run lean which might keep the idling low or stall the car.. my O2s were bad and my car did stall out so this could be the case...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
must see a mazda tech

yeah i think it is the oxy sensor that plugs into the exuast pipe from the manifold to the converter? yeah i priced it at canadian tire 277$ for that little thing ****. but the part is discontinued, i have to go to a mazda dealer for that, they will plug it in to the computer...dignostics...and i guess they tell me whats wrong...when i get a chance i must head down there but i work and they close early...i'l keep you posted thanx dudes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey guys

i changed my o2 sensor last year, can't remember where i bought it, i think it was mazda dealer, anyway it cost me 160 with tax canadian, couldn't get aftermarket

i didn't let them install it brought it to a little garage i know and he did it for 20 dollars

could have done it myself but in a very akward place and don't have hoist in my fathers garage, yet...

i'd be careful where you buy and would check out a few places before buying

don't know much about mechanics just an experience i had

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
an O2 sensor can be found anywhere between 90 and 170 canadian... 90 being the (no name) splice required brand which does not come with a plug in adapter and the 170 type being the plug in one from mazda which comes with a 1 year 20 G km warrenty... if i was you i'd get the direct plug in one since i've heard bad stories about splicing the O2 sensors and how some of em have been a complete waste of $$$....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts