Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to purchase springs and shocks for my 94'Mx-6.

Anyway so far my mind is set on the Eibach Springs which should cost me 199$ and Tokico's adjustables.. which I have no clue how much they cost.

I will not be putting on any body kit on my car for a long time.. what I want to know is if this is a good solution.

Also I was wondering if anyone can set me up with a cheap price for these... or where I can find a great deal..

Thanks

Optima

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm very happy with my Tokico Illumina/Ground Control combo. $880 + an alignment.

Ken at Auto Addictions (610) 391-0205 can get you Tokico Illumnias for a good price.

[Edited by BOWDWN2MX6 on 05-25-2001 at 12:06 AM]

·
Registered
202 Posts
suspension

I have eibachs with kyb struts. I'm pretty happy with the setup. It handles very well, and sits about an inch and a half lower. Body lean is almost gone. It felt really good the first time I drove it. Now that it has settled a little bit, it doesn't take bumps as well, but it's not too rough.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Optima said:
How come no one wants to help :(
HAHAHA....

It depends on how much money you have to spend. If you have lotsa loot burning a hole in you rpocket, first of all give half to me, then with teh rest, get yourself some Tokico Illuminas and Ground controll. I'm loving this setup. you just can't beat being able to adjust the height and rigidity of your car. It's awesome if you autocross or feel like driving differently from time to time. The only drawback is that if you have your car slammed until its basically riding on the bumpstops, your entire suspension setup will suffer and it will age your entire suspension setup prematurely.

If you don't have that much money to spend, then just give me a third of what you have and then get yourself some Tokico Blues and Eibach Springs. Agaib, you're going for the excellent Tokico brand and the Eibach springs are just so snice. Might not lower you rcar that much but the ride is excellent. Smoothe on bumps yet rigid when turning (less lean).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, I'd have to agree with everyone else. Get the GC Coilovers to go with the Illuminas.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got my Illnminas for $410 plus shipping... the GC's for $315 + shipping... by the time shipping is calculated it approaches the range BOWDWN2MX6 stated... I'm still waiting on the GC's however, but can't see anything better than the Illumina/GC combo. should be awesome! I got the Illuminas from a BB on probetalk, Valkore set it up... Good luck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts