Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a clunking noise commin from the front passenger side of my car about four months ago. Went and go it cheked but the mazda dealership said the CVs were fine and actually both axels were fairly new. However, it has gotten a little worse and it clunks while I am accelerating through turns and occasionaly during hard cornering while decelerating. Is it the CVs? maybe the engine moving? I am clueless on this anyone have any ideas?

G

·
Mine is doing the same thing especially when i take turns while going over a bump while turning right. Let me know what you find out

·
Registered
787 Posts
Possible causes include
Axles and CV joints
Loose or broken motor or tranny mount(s)
Toasted strut mounts
Broken spring keepers

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys now I just gotta wait till next week when I get my next paycheck. How much would the most expensive repair be?

G

·
when i read your message you were eplaining a noise that sounded very similar to mine, it was making wierd thumping sounds. i brought it to my mechanics and in the end it was what i thought, the axle, so theres a good chance that it may be ur axle. sorta sad now cause i have 2 fix 2 things on my car and now i have to wait longer before i get the sick J-spec headlights:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check your suspension endlinks. I had the same problem & it ended up being the endlinks. They might seem to look okay, but just play with it & it might be broken on the lower control arm mount or the sway bar end. They are about $40-$50 bucks from the dealer.

·
Registered
536 Posts
when my car is cold, it'll do that when not properly warmed up.

its starting to get around 40deg's around here (wisconsin), and i guess the CV joints just get cold. but after driving around for a couple minutes, it doen't make any noise.

thats just a possibility. a mazda dealer also told me my CV joints were fine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I get a popping sound while accelerating hard or turning and accelerating hard too. I have new CV half shafts on there and had them double checked, the mechanic said they were fine. I crawled under and looked at the end links and they look okay. I can move the ends a bit on the ball so I think they are fine. If I rev the engine, I can see it move on the mounts a bit, so that's a possibility, and I will check those and the control arm bushing to frame brackets today.

Any other ideas of things to check out? How do you know if your motor mounts are bad and if that could be making the noise?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts